The Life of a Writer (in a Bookstore)
It seems so romantic to spend your days shuffling around Paris sipping coffee and absorbing inspiration from the happenings around you. Did you know that J.K. Rowling was inspired by a bookstore while working on Harry Potter?
Amazon and other huge companies have put a lot of smaller bookstores out of business, but the bookstores in the following article by Travel and Leisure are practically museums in their own right. Check them out.
Amazing Bookstores around the world
- Livraria Lello, Porto, Portugal
- Cafebrería El Péndulo, Mexico City
- Shakespeare and Co., Paris
- Books for Cooks, Melbourne
- Bart’s Books, Ojai, CA
- Dominicanen Bookstore, Maastricht, Holland
- Book Lounge, Cape Town
- El Ateneo Grand Splendid, Buenos Aires
- The Last Bookstore, Los Angeles
- Libreria Acqua Alta, Venice
- Librairie Avant-Garde, Nanjing, China
- The Academic Bookstore, Helsinki, Finland
- Stanfords, London
Do you have a favorite bookstore?
Send us a picture and a description. We’d love to see it!