TIME: We all need more of it!
So, can we all agree we would love to know how to save time at the airport?
Even though you should get to the airport at least a couple of hours early, there are plenty of things you can do before you go and while you are there that will cut down on your time and lower your stress level.
When are aren’t in a hurry, we have less stress. It’s a win-win!
Tips on How to Save Time at the Airport
- Plan your Route. Use a Maps app to figure out how long it will take you to get to the airport. Consider the time of day you will be traveling.
- Take a screenshot of your boarding pass. You can’t always rely on internet service or download speed, so if you are using a boarding pas on your mobile phone, save a pic of your ticket for easy reference. But print it out too–for the same reason. But Don’t throw it away.
- Avoid the Check-In Line. Especially during the holidays, this line can be quite lone. Instead, grab a cup of coffee, sit down and read a book, or get some work done and wait comfortably. When your flight is called the airport staff will let passengers through as a priority so you will go straight to the front of the line.
- Set an alarm on your phone. Set an alarm for your boarding time. That way you will know what time to get in line.
- Dress for Success. Success at getting through security, that is. Don’t wear a lot of jewelry or clothing with metal (like a belt buckle or shoes). Wear easily removable shoes.
- Keep your kids entertained. Flying with kids is an art form. We have some tips to help.
- Wait to Board the plane. Use the same principle here as you did at check in. Don’t run up to the gate and cram in with the rest of the passengers. Sit where you can see the gate and wait until almost everyone is one board and then go up. It’s a much more relaxing way to board a plane.
Even More Great Travel Tips
For more tips on how to make your experience with flying even better, check out some of our previous articles listed below: