Top Destinations for Spring Break 2017
Is your family looking for ideas for Spring Break 2017? What about you and a group of your college friends? A romantic getaway for two? We’ve got plenty of ideas for you. Check ’em out!
Family Spring Break 2017 Vacation Ideas
Atlantis Paradise Island Resort (Bahamas)
This resort beckons children and parents with luxurious resort surroundings and outrageous kids’ activities. Features include an enormous underwater world of sea creatures and fish, a playful universe of water slides and swimming pools, and digging for buried treasure on the beach, a life size Victorian Doll house, cooking classes, and much more!
Smuggler’s Notch Resort, Vermont
Ski school, snowboarding lessons, cross country skiing, mini terrain park–it has it all. The staff at Snow Sports University is so confident they offer a refund if participants don’t learn or improve. Smuggler’s Notch‘s slogan is “America’s Family Resort”. It doesn’t get much more family-friendly than that.
Rancho de las Caballeros, Arizona
Saddle up for a unique spring break at an old-school dude ranch–City Slickers style. Rancho de las Caballeros had been providing families an insider’s look at cowboy life since 1947, so you can be sure that you and your family will have a valuable experience and make countless memories. The children’s club starts at 8am with breakfast before a ride on the trails or in the corral. Kids also keep busy with swimming, crafts, hiking, scavenger hunts, and more while parents have their own time to relax and enjoy the ranch. There is plenty to do as a family and provide everyone with some much needed R&R.
Spring Break 2017–The College Edition
Looking to grab some friends and head off campus to blow off some steam? Here is a list of some of the top College Spring Break destinations for 2017. And because we care about all travelers here is a list of Everything You Need to Know for Spring Break including must haves for your carry on and tips for safety and obtaining a passport.
- Inception at Sea. Picture 2500+ college-aged spring breakers taking over an entire cruise ship for a floating Spring Break music festival. You won’t experience this anywhere else.
- Cancun , Mexico. Cancun is the definition of Spring Break. Beaches, parties, music festivals, co-eds. It pretty much has it all.
- Nassau, Bahamas. Immerse yourself in the colorful Bahamanian culture at Arawak Cay, better known as “The Fish Fry”. Settle on a bar stool under the stars and hang with the friendly locals while taking in the nightlife, markets and Caribbean cuisine.
- South Padre Island, Texas. South Padre Island is among the TOP Spring Break destinations in the USA. If you’re looking for wild day parties and awesome beach bars at an affordable price, South Party Island is a good option.
- Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. A Spring Break destination where you can relax with your friends in a beautiful, tropical setting.
- Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. The southern tip of Mexico’s Baja Peninsula, a beach town on the stretch of coastline collectively known as Los Cabos, has long been a popular vacation spot for sun-worshipping party seekers over spring break.
Spring Break 2017 for Couples
Looking for a nice, quiet and romantic place to go that isn’t overrun by college kids cutting lose, or small children cutting teeth? The following destinations were reported on Oprah.com as some of the best places for a quiet spring break.
The Southern Coast of Puerto Rico
With many, many flights from the U.S. (and no need for a passport), Puerto Rico is one of the easiest places on earth for an American to escape to. The southern coast of the island is home to beautiful and NOT crowded beaches, like Cana Gorda, where Puerto Ricans vacation in the summertime.
Amelia Island, Florida
Still considered one of Florida’s secret beaches, Amelia has managed, thankfully, to hang on to its old-fashioned vibe. (Think: carriage rides, quiet barefoot beach, buckets of steamed stone crabs, Victorian inns.) Just off the state’s northeast coast, it’s one of the most relaxing places in Florida—no theme parks, no traffic—but it has also remained much more affordable than similarly genteel places like Palm Beach and Singer Island.
Hilton Head, South Carolina
Laid-back, classically coastal Hilton Head lies 20 miles north of Savannah, Georgia, with plenty of golf courses, lighthouses, bike trails and the royal blue Atlantic Ocean. By spring, the water is warming up but the beach crowds are at a minimum.
No matter where you go don’t forget to pack this one item…
An emergency medical plan is a great thing to have when you are traveling more than 150 miles away from home. If you get sick or injured we will bring you back home so you can be treated by your own doctor close to home and family. Parents–this is terrific piece of mind if you are traveling with your babies, or if your “baby” is on spring break with their college friends.