Travel Health Tips
How do you stay healthy while traveling? You can’t prevent every possible illness while traveling, but there a few easy things you can do to keep you and your family healthy so you can enjoy your vacation.
Besides staying healthy, check out these bonus travel tips for enjoying your travels.
Have a Plan to Stay Healthy While Traveling
We know you spend a lot of time planning for your big trip. Places to stay, things to see, lists of what to pack. But you may not have thought about having a plan in case someone gets sick or injured. Having this sort of plan is just as important as having a schedule of events…maybe even more so. For less than the cost of a plane ticket, you can be sure your family’s safety and well being (as well as your wallet) are safe. Don’t have a plan? Check out low costs medical emergency plans here.
Boost Your Immunity Before You Go (and during your trip)
- Get plenty of sleep regularly
- Drink lots of water
- Get regular exercise
- Eat plenty of fresh fruits & vegetables
Related: How to Avoid Jet Lag!
Also, the following herbs and supplements are natural immune boosters:
- Colloidal Silver
- Astragalus Root
- Vitamin D
Water While Traveling
Be cautious of possibly unsafe tap water. If you are unsure of the water or have been told to be careful in the area you are traveling, here are some things to think about:
- Avoid ice in your drink
- Use bottled water to brush your teeth
- Wash fruits and veggies with boiled or bottled water
Food While Traveling
In our opinion, the best thing about traveling is trying new and exciting foods and local dishes. You don’t have to avoid this to stay healthy, but a good rule of thumb when it comes to food is to avoid anything raw or under cooked.
High-risk foods to stay away from include (but are not limited to):
- raw and peeled fruits and vegetables
- green leafy vegetables such as spinach and lettuce
- raw, rare or under cooked meats
- seafood, particularly raw or inadequately cooked shellfish or fish
- unpasteurized dairy foods, including milk
- food from street vendors
- any hot food that has been left long enough to cool
- food buffets
Have fun and be safe!
Do you have any tips on how to stay healthy while traveling? We’d love to hear them.